When it comes to tattoo machine power, Critical is usually not far away. Quality is high on the list for Critical and therefore they only uses high quality components. Everything is "made in USA".
The main difference between XR and XR-D is the possibility to connect two machines simultaneously with the XR-D. To make the devices more resistent, the XR Series has been given a rugged aluminum body. The control panel is now a touch interface, with a large full-color TFT diplay, the color scheme is freely selectable and has a large, easy-to-read display. The display shows you next to Volt, Ampere, duty cycle and Settle now also by use of an oscilloscope, the exact tune of your spool machine. So you can set this even more precise. The pedal override function basically makes a foot switch unnecessary, as you can start your machine at the push of a button. But of course, any standard footswitch can be connected via a 6.3 mm jack plug. You can work with 3 presets per machine, for a total of 6 presets. You can apply the integrated Jump Start function individually to your connected machine. By the way, the XR-D stores all the presets for you, even if it was disconnected from the main power. With the included magnetic mount, you can set up the Critical-XR on your workstation the way you need it.
- Full color TFT display with user selectable color themes and large easy to read fonts.
- Billet aluminum CNC machined housing
- Carefully tuned Capacitive touch user interface
- for the XR-d is a built in oscilloscope for a visual approach to coil machine tuning
- mount design for more mounting flexibility.
- Jump start feature and maintained pedal modes now independently assignable to preset/output buttons
- Genuine high quality Amphenol 1/4” jacks for better power delivery and long life.
- Dual Outputs on the XR-d model
- 4 amp peak current, 2 amp continuous
- Session meter based on user set hourly rate:
- session mode
- run time mode
- hybrid mode (new “Hybrid” billing mode automates user input)
- Pedal override button: No need for a foot pedal
- Precision regulated set point voltage 0-18vdc
- Built in short circuit protection
- .1 volt adjustment resolution
- Time of day
- Voltage presets with 2, 4, or 6 machine memory modes
- Non-volatile memory
- Universal input 90-240vac 50/60hz
- Accepts standard 1/4? clip cord and foot pedal connections
- Volts, Amps, Speed (hz), Duty Cycle (%), and STL
- Easily bagged with typical machine or bottle baggies
- Additional mounting options available in store
- 2 year full manufacturer warranty
- Included: XR-D power supply, Magnet mount, power cord and switching power adapter